Health & Safety
The diverse nature of scaffolding works requires a huge amount of care, consideration and commitment, which is why CAS employ our own full-time health and safety manager who monitors, updates and provides the training required to work in the safety-critical environments that we specialise in.
We strive to achieve excellence in Health & Safety performance. To this end, CAS has developed a Safety Management System based on continuous improvement to help create positive safety culture throughout the company.
All our Health & Safety procedures are monitored as required by being a proud member of the National Access and Scaffolding Confederation (NASC). This highlights to our clients CAS’s commitment to Health & Safety.
We strive to achieve excellence in Health and Safety performance
Our work force are fully competent to work in all different types of industries, the follwing competences are held below:
- CISRS - The Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme is the only recognised scaffolding training scheme in the UK.
- EUSR - The Energy Utility Skills Register for national water hygiene allowing us to work on all water treatment plants that consist of clean water
- EUSR - The Energy Utility Skills Register for electrical competence on all National Grid sites.
- BESC - Basic Electrical Safety Competence scheme for National Grid sites.
- Scottish and Southern Energy certification of operational authorisation allows us to work on all SSE sites.
- Northern Power Grid safety passport card allowing us to work on all Northern Power Grid sites.
- National Grid approved 2 year drug and alcohol test.
- IPAF - The lead trade association for the powered access industry.
- NPORS - The body for certification of Plant Operators, ie: Hook loader trucks and Tele-handlers.
- ALLMI - HIAB Lorry Loader training and certification body.
- Qualsafe - Certification body for First Aid training.
The company expects all its employees to act in a responsible manner and fully co-operate with the implementation of the Safety Management System, Health and Safety law and industry guidance.
Our work force are fully competent to work in all different types of industries
ISO 9001: 2015
To further demonstrate our commitment to quality and safety procedures and pledge to our clientele that they will receive consistent quality products and services, we have achieved ISO 9001: 2015 certification. Moreover, our quality management systems of work are audited by our qualified partner, QMS International.